The world places high value you on your family history. The world says knowing, recording, and preserving your family history directly impacts you and your future. Family history helps to develop a strong sense of our identity. We all desire to belong and being connected. I was told people without knowledge of your history is […]
Most of us are familiar with the scripture, “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19 niv). One day as I was preparing for a teaching, I was reading about Martha and Mary. I read the scripture where Jesus responded to Martha’s outburst […]
Have you ever been like me, thinking, “What is going on?” I love the Lord, go to church and study the Word, but sometimes things just don’t seem to click. Jesus promised us an abundant life. He told us to be of good cheer, He had overcome the world. One day as I was meditating […]
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers: (3 John 2 nkjv). We all know that we need to eat healthy to prevent heart disease and live a long, productive lifestyle. I think we all have good intentions, but we get distracted by […]
The world tells us the need to lose weight, but only God’s Word can give us the power to lose weight! With all the information floating throughout social media, TV and the Internet about the dangers of being overweight, why is it so hard to lose weight? No one wants to slowly kill themselves eating […]
You are a Masterpiece of God’s design, a treasure in the eyes of the Creator. Your body matters. It was God who made it. Jesus died for it. The Holy Spirit […]
It is obvious, looking around and seeing all the news about obesity, that there is something missing in the battle of the bulge! In today’s world we are bombarded in the news, books and billboards about obesity and its affect on our body and the high medical costs due to obesity. Diet books are a […]
Our bodies are truly amazing. Artists have tried to capture the beauty of the human body for years. The human body puzzles doctors and scientists, and every day they discover more truth about the human body. The human brain designed by God and placed in our head is far beyond medical comprehension. God designed a […]
Body image and weight issues are two of the most overwhelming issues a person deals with on a daily basis. We have a constant reminder on the billboards, radio, TV and in the news that obesity is an epidemic in the United States. For those struggling with weight problems, much of this information just adds […]
By Joyce Tilney Millions of people are hooked, emotionally dependent on food. I remember when it finally hit me, I was addicted to food!!! Very honestly, it was very hard for me to say, “I am addicted to food.” Food addiction is a habit that you develop over many years. You have thoughts and […]
- Your Family History May 15, 2020
- One thing that can break your addiction to food May 25, 2017
- Finding the Rhythm of Life October 19, 2016
- Is Your Body’s Condition a Reflection of Your Soul’s Condition? December 18, 2015
- The Key to Weight Loss November 10, 2015
- Free 30-Day Devotional! August 6, 2013
- You are not what you weigh! December 11, 2014
- There is a power greater than your taste buds! May 25, 2014
- Overcoming the “I Don’t Feel Like It” Demon August 15, 2013
- Blessing Your Body May 31, 2013
- SEO Referral Program: Awesome post! Keep up the great work! :)...
- unicorn onesie target: unicorn onesie target Hurrah, that's what I was ...
- Gay: This is an answer to prayer for me!! I have been ...
- Joyce: I am standing with you! Thank you for your commen...
- SHARON PEEPLES: SUCH WISDOM AND TRUTH IN THIS AMAZING AND FAITH RE...
About The Author
Joyce Tilney, Author of Why Diets Don’t Work and Founder of Women of God Ministries, is a wife, mother and grandmother. Through her practical teaching and humor, women’s lives are changed as they understand their role and identity as a woman of God.